Facts about skin cells:
- Skin is the body’s largest organ
- Between 30,000 and 40,000 of your skin cells fall of every hour! over a 24 hour period you would loose 1,000,000 (1million skin cells)
- Your body has 10 trillion skin cells in total!
- Your body’s weight is made up of 16% of skin cells
- In one year you will shed 8 POUNDS of just skin
You may ask yourself…if all this skin falls off of me…where does it go?
That is a good question…but where does it go?
you know all that dust and crud on your family picture and on your coffee table…well yes that is dust and human skin the 8 pounds of skin that you shed a year has to go some where so it attracts to objects all around your house.
Skin cells regenerate between the ages of 1 and 100 skin re-hydration never stops!
when you see the difference in between a baby’s hand and a adults hand it doesn’t look that different until you get a close up look at it!
- Sun damage (adult hand)
- scars (adult, and baby)
- rashes (adult, and baby)
- birthmarks (adults, baby)
If you still don’t know much about skin cells…Visit these helpful websites:
Skin cells need to be regenerated
if you young or old…get enough water for the amount of sun you get in a day.